Recovery from drug and alcohol abuse can be difficult to maintain. At Lakeside, our experience has been that patients have a much better chance to maintain recovery when they are provided with a structured treatment program that is longer than acute hospitalization can provide. Lakeside provides residential treatment for both adult and adolescents. The Landing at Lakeside offers a residential treatment track for adults, while Recovery Academy offers a residential program for adolescents.
In Residential Treatment, patients benefit from similar services to acute hospitalization but with fewer individual sessions with their psychiatrist. This program provides substance detoxification services through a planned, therapeutic 24-hour living situation with specific levels of supervision, structure, restriction and multidisciplinary treatment intervention.
Residential treatment includes:
- 24-hour nursing supervision
- Intensive medication management by a psychiatrist
- Individual therapy
- Our Psychological Trauma program
- Intensive family workshops and family therapy
- Multi-family group therapy
- Psychotherapy groups
- Lectures and psychoeducational groups
- Recreation therapy
- Comprehensive discharge planning