Lakeside’s Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) for adults, children and adolescents experiencing psychiatric and substance abuse problems is beneficial for those in need of a more intensive program than traditional outpatient but less restrictive than inpatient hospitalization. Also referred to as day treatment, PHP is offered seven days a week, and patients are able to attend during the day and return home in the evening. There is also the option of participating in this program with boarding. This program is available for adolescents from 12 to 18 and adults needing treatment for substance abuse and mental health issues.
Psychological Trauma treatment is available for patients at this level of care. This unique, specialized program utilizes Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) as the therapeutic method for helping patients identify and deal with issues related to Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, panic disorder, grief and loss, and trauma related to physical, sexual and emotional abuse.
Partial Hospitalization offers a full range of services, including:
- Academics provided for children and adolescents
- A comprehensive psychosocial assessment
- Family intensive/workshop and family therapy
- Free weekly aftercare groups for up to six months
- Group therapy
- Medication management
- Psychiatric assessment and treatment
- Psychoeducational therapy
- Psychological trauma therapy
- Recreation therapy
- A treatment team consisting of a psychiatrist, nurse, therapist and activity therapist
- Weekly multi-family group therapy