Day Treatment for Children, Teens & Adults
Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP), sometimes referred to as day treatment, is often beneficial for those in need of a more intensive program than traditional outpatient but less restrictive than inpatient hospitalization. Lakeside Behavioral Health System offers daily PHP for children, teens, and adults experiencing psychiatric and substance abuse problems, allowing patients to attend therapy during the day and return home in the evening. Adults also have the option of participating in this program with boarding. This program is available for adolescents (age 12 to 18) and adults needing treatment for substance abuse and mental health issues.
Psychological trauma treatment is available for patients at this level of care. This unique, specialized program utilizes Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) as the therapeutic method for helping patients identify and deal with issues related to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), panic disorder, grief and loss, and trauma resulting from physical, sexual and emotional abuse.
Partial Hospitalization Services
- A comprehensive psychosocial assessment
- Psychiatric assessment and treatment
- Academics services for children and adolescents
- Family intensive/workshop and family therapy
- Group therapy
- Medication management
- Psychoeducational therapy
- Psychological trauma therapy
- Recreation therapy
- A treatment team consisting of a psychiatrist, nurse, therapist and activity therapist
- Weekly multi-family group therapy
- Free weekly aftercare groups for up to six months