- Adolescent Males and Females ages 12-17
- Average range of intelligence or above
- Parent support and treatment commitment
- Drug and alcohol abuse/dependent
- Diagnosed psychiatric disorder
- Typically failure of treatment at a lower level of care or inpatient treatment is required.
- Recent high-risk of dependency behaviors indicating severely impaired judgment.
- Emotional and/or behavioral problems escalating to a level requiring 24-hour care and supervision, outside of the family/home.
Exclusions from Recovery Academy would include adolescents who are violent, have a history of sexual aggression, or an IQ significantly below the average range. Although these patients would not be appropriate for Recovery Academy, Lakeside will review these cases for other treatment options on campus.