Warning Signs of Drug Dependence
When we’re headed for trouble there usually are warning signs. If you recognize two or more of these signs they may be telling you that you or someone you know is headed for trouble.
- Argue with relatives and friends about drug use.
- Begin using to relieve or avoid getting physically or emotionally ill.
- Build up a tolerance level and have to use more to get the same effect.
- Decide to use only once or to stop, but then continue to use until lose control.
- Feel guilty about using drugs but never try to stop.
- Get physically or emotionally ill when not using.
- Give up hobbies and outside interests due to drug use.
- Know all of the above is happening and still keep using drugs.
- Spend a lot of time planning how to get and use drugs.
- Under the influence of drugs during inappropriate times (work, school, family time).